Black Friday. It is an American tradition to shop the day after Thanksgiving to get the best deals, although more of that is starting to happen online.
But, that day does not just have to be about Christmas presents for other people. You can use it as an opportunity to get a discount for a vacation destination you were looking at going to.
In the past few years, Black Friday travel deals have saved people as much as 55% of the cost of their trips.
The question now is what places are offering the best Black Friday deals in 2021? These are some of the highlights.
EF Go Ahead Tours
This is a tour company that primarily organizes long and thorough tours of countries and sometimes regions of the world. They started their sneak peek of Black Friday deals way back at the end of October and they are continuing these until the end of Black Friday.
The main sale here is discounts off of bookings of their trips within a certain date range. Promotions suggest that you can save up to $600 on one of these tours.
Some destinations available are European countries like Italy, Greece, and Iceland, plus Central American countries like Belize and Costa Rica. Then, there are a few African countries as well such as Egypt and South Africa.
There are many more destinations available with the last of the sales coming out on Black Friday. With some destinations, these sales can be as much as a 20% discount.
Atlantis Paradise Island Cyber Week Deal
Arguably one of the more famous hotels/resorts in the world is offering one of the more interesting Cyber Monday travel deals in 2021.
Starting on Cyber Week, Atlantis is letting customers get 20% off of their stay when they book five nights or more. On top of that, guests get a $100 daily credit that can be used on certain food and beverages on the property.
Plus, for those concerned about needing a negative COVID test to return to the United States, the property is offering two free rapid antigen tests.
All of this is good for any stays that are between Cyber Monday and November 30, 2022. This sale does last until Travel Tuesday of 2021 but early access is between November 22-24. After that, public access is from November 25-29.
LEGOLAND New York Black Friday Sale
This is one of the newer theme parks in the tri-state area and to make their mark, they are offering customers an opportunity to save a decent amount of money on tickets for their 2022 season.
The sale starts on November 23 and lasts until December 1. As for the sale itself, the main feature here is the savings customers can have on theme park admission in 2022, taking 33% off of the regular price. Instead of paying $89.99 for a daily admission ticket, customers can get tickets for $59.99 during this sale.
For a family of four, this can save a significant amount of money on a day out to a theme park, considering that parents most likely are paying for all of the tickets. In that scenario, it would save those parents $120 to buy the tickets during the Black Friday sale.
Southwest Vacation Packages – Sale 2021
One of the biggest airlines in the United States, Southwest Airlines, is promoting a sale for their vacation packages that runs through December 6 and can save customers as much as $250 on those vacation packages.
These packages usually come with a flight and a hotel/resort booking combined. To get the maximum savings, you must book a package to Mexico, Hawaii, or the Caribbean that costs over $1,500. Then, you will get the full $250 discount.
If you want a package that is a little cheaper, you can save $150 off of ones that cost under $1,000. For trips within the US, these discounts diminish.
These bookings must be made for trips by April 24, 2022.
Norwegian Cruise Line – Save up to 70%
For those of you anxiously waiting to get back to cruising, Norwegian has you covered with their Black Friday deal for 2021 that can potentially allow you to get 70% off of a second guest when booking certain cruise itineraries.
There is even a cruise from Venice called the Norwegian Epic that is taking sales for a 14-day cruise starting on December 22, 2023, to the Christmas markets of Europe. Along with that, there are five other noteworthy cruises available during the sale.
It begins on November 16 and there are offers for up to 35 ports with seven other free amenities being included in the sale such as Wi-Fi, specialty dining, an open bar, and more.
You will have to look at specific itineraries to get more specific details on the deals that can be had on certain bookings here but it is believed that you can save over $4,000 on certain itineraries.
Xanterra Bucket List Travel Sale
If US National Parks like Grand Canyon National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Zion National Park, Glacier National Park, or Death Valley National Park has been on your bucket list, we have great news for you: Xanterra Travel Collection will offer a “Book Your Bucket List” this Black Friday and Cyber Monday. From November 23 to November 30 you can save up to 30% on the best accommodations in and near these national parks.
The offers can’t be combined with other discounts, aren’t valid with group reservations and there are some blackout dates, but it’s still a fantastic Black Friday travel deal.
Hilton Cancun Mexico – 5th Night Free
Don’t miss out on this incredible Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel deal from Hilton Cancun, an All-Inclusive Resort! If you book your next Mexico vacation from Nov. 26 to Nov 29 you will get a 5th night free as well as free room upgrade based on availability. The offer is valid for travel dates from December 1, 2021, until December 22, 2022.
Bonus: Kids under 12 stay, play, and eat for free. You can find all the details including blackout dates on Hilton’s website.
White beaches in Cancun, Mexico
Alaska’s Salmon Falls Resort – Black Friday Travel Sale
Are you craving some time and nature and want to get away from it all? Then you should take advantage of the stellar Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal that the Salmon Falls Resort in Alaska has to offer. This stunning destination resort is located on the banks of the magnificent Kuskokwim River, only 90 minutes from Seattle. You can go fishing, kayaking, or rafting down the river or head up into the mountains. The possibilities are endless at this one-of-a-kind vacation spot!
Whether you’re looking for relaxation, adventure, or both, with 20% off the all-inclusive rates (yes, even round-trip airport transportation is included) available for booking from November 24 – November 29, 2021, this might be one of the best Black Friday Travel Deals for nature lovers. The resort is open from June 1, 2022, until September 24, 2022. You can book by visiting the Salmon Falls Resort website.
Black Friday Flight Deals
While most airlines don’t offer special Black Friday flight deals, now is still a good time to shop for cheap flights for your next vacation.
If it’s possible, book your flights early – preferably before Thanksgiving – because prices tend to rise closer to Black Friday itself.
- American Airlines currently offers an attractive vacation package deal for the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World that can be booked until November 25th.
- United Airlines has some great flight deals for trips this winter, including round-trip fares to Hawaii starting at $198.
- Alaska Airlines has cheap flight deals available to book until November 28th. How about New York to San Diego for only $129 or Seattle to Fort Lauderdale for $139?
Bonus Tip: Always use Google Flights or Skyscanner to compare prices on flights across different days, including possible travel during the holiday season itself.
Black Friday Vacation Package Deals – Liberty Travel
Are you looking to save some bucks for your well-deserved vacation in 2022?
We love this year’s Black Friday Travel Deals by Liberty Travel because they will give you up to $300 when you book a vacation package. Not sure how long you want to stay? Well… The longer you stay, the more you save.
No matter if you are planning a trip to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean or Mexico or can’t wait to get a good deal on your next cruise or city tour – these Black Friday vacation discounts are unbeatable.
Our favorite deal is
Marriott Black Friday Deals
One of the more notable hotel chains around, Marriott is offering a Black Friday deal specifically for those in the Marriott Bonvoy program. The 2021 deal is mainly that you can get 25% off of a stay that is three nights or more when booking through the sale period.
Of course, you will have to book at a participating resort, and not all properties participate in this. The Bonvoy program is essentially what replaced the rewards program for regular Marriott customers for those who do not know.
For people that frequent these hotel properties, it could be a good opportunity to shed a little money off of your next booking.
Europe Vacations: Unbelievable Black Friday Deals
If a trip to Europe has been on your bucket list, you will love these Black Friday Vacation Deals from Exoticca:
- Portugal in 9 Days – Coastal Cities & Cultural Treasure: All flights, accommodations, transfers and activities are included and with 49% off you get a discount of up to $1,000!
- Italy in 10 Days – Ancient Rome, Cathedrals & Canals: No matter if you are traveling in a group or want to explore Italy’s rich culture as a solo traveler, take advantage of a 43% discount this Black Friday 2021.
- Greece in 13 Days -Ancient Ruins & Cyclades Island Hopping: This classic tour of Greece will take you to the best historical sights and most beautiful Greek islands. It has everything included and offers a steep 31% discount – unquestionably a great Black Friday Travel Sale.
Expedia Black Friday Deals
We all know that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the best time of year to score deals on everything from clothes to electronics. But not everyone knows about Expedia’s 30% off select hotel stays!
Expedia offers their customers a special promotion for hotels, specifically the ones they have listed in North America. The offer is valid until November 29th, so if you’re looking for a place to stay during your holiday travels this winter, be sure to check it out!
Here are our favorite Back Friday hotel deals on Expedia:
- Secrets The Vine Cancun – All Inclusive – Adults OnlyDo you want to treat yourself to a luxurious beach vacation in Mexico? This breathtaking beachfront adult-only hotel is located in the heart of Cancun’s prime tourist area. Guests can enjoy leisurely walks down the beach and an exciting excursion to La Isla, Cancun’s famous shopping mall. This hotel offers proximity to Ballenas Beach and Aquaworld, an interactive aquarium with over 200 species of underwater life. This Black Friday, members can get a steep 38% discount for this 5-star resort when traveling in April 2022. Check it out!
- Hotel G San Francisco, CaliforniaLooking to explore the city of San Francisco? You’re in luck – you can find both the culture and the attractions. From hotels to tasty restaurants, San Francisco has it all. With a 30% discount for stays from December 23-25th, the Hotel G San Francisco is the perfect place to stay for some last-minute Christmas shopping. It is located right next to Union Square, which offers great shopping and dining opportunities at several popular destinations like Macy’s Union Square, Neiman Marcus Union Square, The Gap Union Square, Tiffany & Co., Barneys New York, Louis Vuitton SF – just to name a few. Check it out here.
- Caribe Royal Orlando, FloridaThe Caribe Royal Orlando hotel is a four-star resort in Kissimmee, Florida. Located near the Walt Disney World Resort and other theme parks, this resort has amenities that are perfect for families with children. With Expedia’s fantastic “reserve now, pay later”deal and 30% off, this could be your perfect hotel for your trip to Disney World in 2022. Check it out here.
Take Advantage of Black Friday Travel Deals
These are just some of the Black Friday travel deals available for you in 2022. If you are feeling the itch to travel, it is up to you to take advantage of one of these or another one that may be right for you. It is never too early to plan your next vacation. If you know that a Black Friday travel deal will be perfect for you or if you are not sure what kind of trip might suit your needs, it’s time to start exploring all the possibilities and getting ready to book! These deals may not last long so make sure you take advantage before they disappear. What do these deals have in common? They each offer unbeatable prices on flights, hotels, car rentals, cruise lines, and more!
Are you ready to go on vacation and looking for an app that counts days? Start counting down your travel days today and download our free Vacation Countdown App!