After so long spent at home, you may be wondering where you should go for your next big vacation. Well, as of right now, 112 countries and territories are open for travel to Americans right now, as long as visitors follow specific guidelines! That’s a lot of countries to choose from!
We’ve narrowed the search down for you, from 112 to the top 5 vacation destinations for Americans in 2021! Check them out below!
1. Traveling to France in 2021
France is always in season with a stunning array of activities for every type of traveler.
- Paris, one of the most popular destinations in the world, offers a wide variety of museums, fine dining, architecture, and history for those who love the bustle of the city.
- Nestled along the French Riviera, Nice offers peaceful walks and gorgeous scenery with its pebble beaches, medieval architecture, and stunning chateaus.
- Strasbourg offers the perfect scene to disconnect and recharge. Visit picturesque canals, an animated clock, and a UNESCO World-Heritage old town that will take you right back into the 15th century.
American visitors will need to a) show proof of vaccination at the airport or b) provide a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 72 hours of departure.
2. Vacation in French Polynesia in 2021
Don’t let the name fool you: French Polynesia offers a drastically different vacation experience than France! This stunning collection of islands in the South Pacific is famous for bungalows on the water, coral reefs, and hikes that lead to ancient ruins and waterfalls.
- Bora Bora is a tropical paradise with bright blue waters, flawless beaches, gorgeous jungles, and a dormant volcano! Depending on the season, you can even have the opportunity to swim with humpback whales!
- Tikehau offers visitors miles of pristine, pink-sand beaches to explore, not to mention some of the best snorkeling that French Polynesia has to offer! Other popular excursions include visiting bird island and swimming with manta rays.
- Unspoiled by tourism, Nuka Hiva instead offers nature-centric experiences for adventurous travelers and an immersive dip into the Marquesan culture of the islanders.
Visitors must present a negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of flight departure. Unvaccinated travelers will have to take an antigen test upon arrival.
3. Taking a trip to Italy in 2021
Spend your vacation soaking in iconic sights across one of the world’s most popular countries!
- Rome is a vacation classic where sightseeing abounds. Take in the Colosseum, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, and more before winding down with an essential scoop of gelato.
- Due to its unfortunate sinking problem, there’s no time like the present to visit Venice, Italy’s famed canal-based city. Explore Gothic palaces, float under stunning bridges, and be sure to make a pass through the colorful Burano district.
- Milan offers a vacation like no other for lovers of high-end fashion and jaw-dropping architecture. Must-sees include the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping center, Sforzesco Castle, and Duomo di Milano cathedral.
All visitors must complete a self-declaration form and provide proof of a)a vaccination certificate, b) a recovery certificate, or c) a negative test taken less than 48 hours before their flight.
4. Traveling to Spain in 2021
Spend your vacation days discovering in a diverse range of scenery and culture across the best of Spain’s 17 regions!
- Barcelona is stunning from every angle, both in the lively city or from above on Mount Tibidabo. Take a tour to see Gaudi’s most whimsical architectural creations, marvel at the Basilica de la Sagrada Família, and eat your way into the night with delicacies near Las Ramblas.
- Madrid’s crisp cityscape offers fine cultural experiences, from the Royal Palace to museums to eye-catching parks and plazas.
- Visit Majorca’s beach resorts, vineyards, scenic hikes, mesmerizing cave formations, and breathtaking blue waters for an unbeatable display of Spain’s stunning nature.
Spain is open to all visitors who provide proof of vaccination! Everyone else will have to wait.
5. Canada is open for Americans
If you’d rather keep your travels on this side of the water, Canada’s endless beauty is the perfect place to kick back and relax.
- Banff is nestled right in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, showcasing mountains, valleys, and lakes at every turn. Popular activities include skiing, gondola tours, and a trip to the mirror-like Moraine Lake.
- Toronto’s vibrant city scene puts you right in the middle of the action with attractions like the Toronto Zoo, Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma, Ripley’s Aquarium, and the unmissable CN tower.
- Embrace Canada’s best coastal scene via Vancouver’s numerous waterside activities, including the artistic Granville island, seaside Stanley Park, Grouse Mountain, the Vancouver Aquarium, and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.
To access Canada, you must be fully vaccinated with a Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, or AstraZeneca vaccine and provide a negative test result taken less than 72 hours before entering the country.
On the American end of your travels, you’ll need to show a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of your return flight. This applies whether or not you’ve been vaccinated, but it’s a small price to pay for the opportunity to travel again!
Which of these stunning countries will you explore in 2021?
What is JUST as exciting as planning that next budget-friendly vacation you’ve been waiting for this 2021? The days leading up to it! Start your travel countdown with the Vacation Countdown App!